We provide community resources, education and support for those affected by the incarceration of a parent; to instill the confidence and knowledge needed to successfully handle and prevail through the child’s complex situation.
When a family member goes to jail or prison, it may be difficult for everyone involved. For some children, the experience can be emotionally devastating. There are numerous factors affecting the overall impact of parental incarceration on a child; a child’s age and understanding of the situation and the reactions of family members, friends and their community. Children may experience a variety of strong feelings. It is important to help children understand and work through their feelings.
C.A.I.P. seeks to bring local resources together for children in need by providing:
· Age Appropriate Educational Resources
· Local Counselors that specialize in helping families that are affected by incarceration
· Information on the Incarceration Process
· Community Support agencies and events
· On-line connections to others facing similar circumstances
· Providing Teddy Bears and Financial Support (for those in need) to seek counseling